Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow Rodeo in Essex, MT



It seems everytime we do a segment for our show it starts off with food. This blog shall be no different. The Huckeberry Cobbler was the best I have ever had!

Today we went to The Izaak Walton Inn in Essex, MT on Rt. 2 between East and West Glacier National Park for thei annual snow rodeo. What a trip. They had (wooden) goat roping, barrel races on cross country skis and snowshoes and everyone had a great time. It snowed at the beginning and then cleared up with patches of sun shine that let you know spring is just aound the corner. People from all over were there, joking, laughing, skiing and just enjoying the day.

Lunch at the Inn was great. Hillary ordered up the chicken and dumplings and I have to say that she won the lunch competition. I had the pulled pork wrap and it was good, but I am not THAT much of a red onion fan, no matter how much you carmelize them. Next time I will order 2 orders of the chicken and dumplings so I can take one home when I am done with the first.

Dessert as I mentioned in the second sentence was, how do you say, ..... superb! Huckleberry Cobbler A La Mode, still warm from the oven. I guess now would be a good time to mention that The Izaak Walton makes all their food on premises (cobbler included) and they have a fantastic selection of regional food on the menu.

We will be there at the snow rodeo next year with one very important change. I will don my cross country skis and enter the competition to prove to you all that I am not a natural at this sport.

You can hear all about the snow rodeo, including interviews with competitors, the clown, and spectators too. Tune in to Glacier Adventures with Jay & Hill on WhitefishRadio.com

Also on our next show we will have Jason Smith, the Search Leader from Flathead County Search and Rescue talking about common mistakes people make when heading out in the backcountry and pack contents. Jane Ratzlaff from the Glacier National Park fund will also be joining us in studio to tell us how you can help preserve Glacier National Park.

Glacier Adventures airs every Friday at 10:00am(MST) and is available On Demand always. Go to www.GlacierAdventure.com and click on the Whitefish Radio Logo to hear past shows as well as current WhitefishRadio.com programing.

See you on the trail, or on the air!

-jay

No comments: