Sunday, March 30, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

..... and I didn't get to play in any of it. (15 ..yes, fifteen inches in the last 24 hours at the summit of the Whitefish Mountain Resort in Whitefish, MT)

I hope I am proven wrong, but I do believe that we have seen the last snowfall of the year.

It could be that because the plowing of the Going To The Sun Road in Glacier National Park has begun (they anticipate full road to be open on June 13, unless Mother Nature feels otherwise) and I am looking toward the opening of the park and thus the availability to get the hiking boots on again.

or

Maybe it's the longer sunlit days and melting snow over the last 2 weeks that has me ready to hit the road on my 2 wheeler that hasn't seen daylight in over 4 months.

Whatever it is, summer will be here soon enough and even though GlacierAdventure.com has all your Glacier National Park vacation information. We felt it could be better. So Hill and I cuffed ourselves to the desk and watched the snow dump through the office window in downtown Whitefish, MT. We updated the homepage with some very cool hikes in the park and also updated our radio show page. Check them out, let me know what you think jay(at)glacieradventure(dot)com.

Obviously if you are reading this you know we have a blog, but did you know we have a newsletter?!? That's right, and if you want to stay abreast of all the cool happenings in the Flathead Valley, click here to subscribe. ... and NO, we don't sell, transfer, give away, show, tell, barter, post, or email your address to anyone, at anytime, for any reason. So sign up now!!
Also know that if you find our newsletter not up to your standards, you are only 1 click away from never receiving another newsletter from us ever!! .... I am confident however, after reading your first one, you will eagerly await the next. ... well at least I hope you won't opt out.

This week I have committed myself to hiking up and riding down the Big Mountain at The Whitefish Mountain Resort. I figured this (and maybe next) week will be my final opportunity to before I have to wait for next season. I'll try to talk Hill into it as well. Hopefully it is a clear morning when I do because I hear the sunrise from the summit is something to see. I'll be sure and have the camera so you can see too.

See you at the summit party ... 7:00am Tuesday or Wednesday.

-jay

No comments: