Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pond Skim at the Whitefish Mountain Resort, on Big Mountain

I hate to sound like a broken record, but next year, I will enter the competition, not just cover it. the Pond Skim at the Whitefish mountain Resort at Big Mountain.

We did show up in costume, me as Santa on vacation and Hillary was a blond surfer. I thought there would be spectators on costume, but it looked as though we were the only non-contestants in costume. There were some great contestant costumes. There were a bunch of guys dressed up like rabbits and one with a carrot costume and they were hilarious. The Pennywise the clown from Stephen King's "IT" looked great, but the costume may have had an effect on his performance. His first run was his last run.

You can tell that some of the contestants were seasoned veterans, while others I believe were wet behind the ears. ... and that was BEFORE their first run. Afterwards they were wet everywhere else.

They maxed out at 60 competitors and by the end there wasn't a warm or dry one in the bunch. It reminded me of the penguin plunge that they do every year in Flathead Lake and Whitefish Lake. Except with the pond skim you have the possibility of making it out dry. With the penguin plunge you are guaranteed to be soaked, unless you wimp-out.
















There were no wimp-outs on Saturday and it looked like winners and losers both had a blast. I know I did. Next year we will have video of me giving the pond skim a try. There will also probably be follow up video from my ride on ALERT or in the Big mountain Ambulance, lol.



... click here to check out our video montage of the event.

... and hope they someday they bring back the Furniture Races.




And of course GlacierAdventure.com has everything you need to plan your next vacation to Glacier National Park and Surrounding Areas.

No comments: